Aluminium towers are lightweight, easy to erect and are available in various heights and dimensions. The Stairway and Wide Span towers are similar with a base dimension of 1.5m x 1.8m and can go up to a height of 20m. The Narrow Span tower base dimension is 0.9m x 1.8m and can go up to 8m in height.
The components are simple to identify, erect and dismantle. The Aluminium Towers comply with SANS 51004-1:2009.
Aluminium towers in mobile form, up to 6.5m, are easy to move from point to point and provide a stable and firm work platform for a wide variety of applications. Stabilisers are provided with every tower over 4.5m in height.
The various types of aluminium scaffolding are the following:
- Stairway Tower – The main feature of this tower is the internal staircase, which provides easy and safe access. The base of the Stairway Tower is 1850mm x 1500mm.
- Narrow Span Tower – This tower’s base is 1850mm x 900mm (or 700mm) and is useful when working in narrow areas. It can be built in 1000mm or 2000mm increments. Platforms can be adjusted in 400mm height increments.
- Wide Span Tower – This tower’s base is 1850mm x 1500mm and can be built in 1000mm or 2000mm increments. Platforms can be adjusted in 400mm height increments.
- Cantilever – A cantilever is a structure that projects horizontally into space and is supported only on one end to the scaffold structure. It is used when the surface area or an adjacent structure does not allow the scaffolding to be built close enough to the work area.
- Bridging Platforms – These platforms are used to extend working areas and are bridged between two towers. Tubes and couplers are used for hand and knee rails.
- Aluminium Birdcage – Birdcages are typically used in buildings where access is required, at high levels where a large working platform area is required. The birdcage is an independent scaffold.
Vertex Scaff labour force is accredited with all relevant training to Erect and Certify any Aluminium Tower.
Contact us on 0861 837 839 for an obligation free quote